What the heck is this place?

This is my space for books - as if I don't have enough of them in the house! ;-) My plan is to create an on-going catalogue of what I own, what I've borrowed, and what I'm planning to read. It's mostly for my own benefit, but I hope you enjoy it nonetheless if you happen to pop by.

I'm also using this as my research "database" for my writing, with links to articles, blogs, websites, and other interesting tidbits at Webography...

I also have a blog for my cross-stitching passions at The Workbox.

Ta!

Tuesday 3 March 2009

Writing and goals...

So like every second person in the world, I write. I have dozens (upon dozens, upon dozens, etc.) of notebooks filled with snippets, plots, characters - you name it, it's probably there.

The Easy Bits
I write a heafty amount of fan fiction - though I always create new characters to interact with the old (which are usually sideline characters, not the main ones - i.e. Otto from Sherrilyn Kenyon's DH series; Charlie from J. K. Rowling's HP series also used to be a favourite). I'm not quite sure if this is the norm for fanfic writers, but that is what mine has evolved into.

Genre-bending, or Bending the Genre Lines (which ever you prefer)
My personal writing has plans to become books (please excuse me while I break into gales of hysterical laughter). I don't compose poetry (it's lovely to look at, but just not my thing), nor do I write children's lit or short stories (though I may be reconsidering on the ss thing...). My genre's include fantasy (urban and a version of high), romance, history, and mystery - all mushed together to create...um, I'm not quite sure yet. Which is why I now have "THE GOAL" (from she who hates creating goals, because she never finishes them...). So, here it is in all it's glory (drum roll please):

THE GOAL
      1. Complete a chapter by July 2009.


Not setting the bar too high, am I? (snicker)

But considering that I have never finished anything except for a school piece, it's not too much to ask for. Though if I do (by happenstance) fulfill "THE GOAL" by July, then there is always "THE GOAL, PART TWO"...

No comments:

Post a Comment